Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hiccups

I smiled today as I was watching a friend with hiccups because it hit me. Hiccups are one of our bodies few ways of controlling us. We are always telling our body to pick up our feet and move our hands and stand up, etc. Yet Hiccups are something our body does without our control. It's a fairly amazing concept. Here we are always controlling our body and then hiccups and sneezes come along and our body jumps in and reacts without the consent or the control of our mind. I love it, I love that know matter who you are or how hard you try to be in control of everything in your life, you simply cannot because your body sometimes knows better than you do. We are not machines no matter how hard you try to compare us with machines our bodies are far more complex than machines. For unlike machines our body natural reacts to certain things that you cannot prepare for or control.
Enjoy what you cannot control, embrace it and learn from it.

No comments: