Saturday, October 25, 2008

and there goes my weekend...




















Thursday, it all started thursday. I went out for a run and i brought my dog with me (this i will not do again). And I guess I was running with the lease a little too long cause my dog ran in front of me very quickly and i tried to jump to the side so i wouldn't run over her and i fell. I twisted my ankle and therefor collapsed. So I limped home (luckily I was fairly close to the house) then I iced and elevated my ankle the rest of the day. The I woke up Friday and it was larger than it was thursday.. eckk. so I Iced and elevated all day again... and finally I woke up today Saturday morning, after a nice 12 hour sleep and the swelling went down! hurray. So I managed to moved around the house a small amount today but still have not ventured beyond the house since thursday :( Tomorrow I hope. Tomorrow will have to be the day. Today I was able to have a shower and put a little weight on it. So tomorrow I'm hoping I will be able to conduct a fairly normal sunday minus the limping around :S ugh what a drag. I guess that's just part of life you dont get the up's unless you get the down's. Well down's away with swelling, fingers crossed. On the contrary I caught up with my sleep and rest this weekend.. although I never imagined I'd catch up on my sleep and rest with my left foot elevated for days. At first It sorta looked like a round floor hockey or street hockey ball was trapped inside my left ankle. Now it just looks like an old lady ankle or a kanckle. Well thats all I got for now. This thing better heal soon. I can't sit still very well and well these past couple days have been a struggle to just rest up and not move. I'm a go-go-go person! Can't wait to get back to it.

No comments: